SHOGUN START is a delicate nutrient formulated to establish early plant and root development. Containing balanced micro and macro nutrients alongside the SmartZen maximiser ingredient. SHOGUN START gives your young plants full strength trace elements whilst still maintaining a low overall strength.
- Encourages the movement of auxins from the leaf tip to the rooting point.
- Accelerates germination.
- Encourages faster root striking in cuttings.
- Optimal concentration of micronutrients for healthy development of young plants. This is the same as it would be in a full-strength base nutrient, whilst keeping the NPK low.
How it works
The need for a young plant establishment nutrient solution is crucial for maximising yield and growth potential. However most nutrient companies have missed this all together and focused on growth stages. SHOGUN Fertilisers have realised through extensive field trials and scientific studies that crops given a gentle nutrient at seedling and cutting stage tremendously outperform those just given normal or half strength nutrients.
In addition the SHOGUN Start formula has been boosted with a unique ratio of boron and calcium which have been reported by peer reviewed journals to be key elements that drive vigorous root growth. Our ongoing research projects and dedicated testing program have allowed us to refine our formula to create the perfect blend of micro and macro nutrients for early stage growth.
We recommend using SHOGUN Start alongside Katana Roots to maximise total benefits from both products. SHOGUN Start Amplifies the effect of Katana by moving auxins around the plant more effectively, giving better results in growth initiation in a much shorter time.
- Reduces Germination Time
- Reduces cutting failure rate
- Used for pre-soaking media such as rockwool before transplanting plants.
- Increase’s chlorophyll content and therefore photosynthesis
- Contains SmartZen maximiser ingredient for enhanced nutrient uptake
- Increases resistance to infection from pathogens
- Supplies the perfect balance of macro and micro nutrients for young plants
- Encourages fluffy white root development. Both lateral root development and root proliferation are both steered by the product formulation
- Efficient nutrient uptake targeted to the early stages of growth
- Humic and fulvic acid improves healthy growth and increases uptake of nutrients
What's in the box?
1 x Shogun Start (Choose Size)
Don't see the product/size/information you're looking for? Please feel free to contact us with any specific product queries and we'll be happy to help.
Root Feed – Add plain water to your nutrient reservoir or watering can and allow to reach room temperature (If tap water, Ideally over night, to allow some of the chlorine to dissipate, but we know this is not always convenient!). Then add SHOGUN Start at a rate of 4mL/L to your nutrient reservoir or watering can. Before adding the nutrients, reduce the pH to just below 7 and then add your additives and nutrients. Recheck the pH (5.5-6.5) and the EC, making sure that it is no higher than 1.4. Repeat method for tank change/refill. Use for the very early stages of the plants life.
We aim to dispatch all orders made before 2PM the Same day. This excludes weekends and bank holidays.
All items are sent in plain secure packaging with no logos. Once dispatched you will receive tracking information. Average delivery time is 1-2 days after dispatch for UK customers. Please contact us if your order hasn't arrived within 5 working days from payment for UK customers and 7 working days for EU customers.
Mainland UK - Delivery is free when you spend over £65. Or £6.95 if the total order value is under £65. All orders are sent on next day working day delivery via DHL.
NI/Scottish highland/Other non standard postcodes - Delivery is £12.95 All orders are sent on 48H delivery via DHl
We will replace any item that arrives damaged.
If your product arrives damaged. Please contact us immediately to claim a replacement.
A limited replacement warranty is offered on all our products. Please check the product listing for the exact warranty time given. If your unit becomes faulty please return it to us for a replacement.
Replacements will only be given once the faulty unit has been inspected.
Warranties are not given due to customer misuse. If we find your return to be in working order, or damaged due to misuse it will be returned to you and no replacement offered.
Proof of purchase must be shown.
We offer a 30 day cancellation policy. A 20% restocking fee will be applied to your order. Refunds can take up to 5 working days to process.